input.ini file is an additional file that is not part of the original NEMO framework. It lists all the input data files needed for a specific simulation, each with
- their file names as expected by NEMO (hard coded or by namelist parameter)
- one or multiple remote sources (file name may differ from the NEMO name)
- a checksum (optional, e.g. SHA256)
- a reference, like a publication or the data file's DOI/POI (optional)
input.ini is read by the mkReadme python script.
The file is a simple ASCII text file (INI format) with:
- each section representing one input file
- each section contains at least one key (
- The section name represents the file name as expected by NEMO (hard coded or set by namelist parameter)
- At least one source URL
- A checksum
- An indicator for the type of the checksum (sha or md5)
- (optional) additional URLs, if available (also comma separated)
- lines that start with a '
;' are treated as comments.
- lines might be indented
See the example/template file
# NEMO-simsar input file registry # # Each NEMO input file has one entry: The SECTION name in square brackets is the # file name NEMO expects (hard coded or by namelist parameter). # Each section has several key=value pairs: # # [NemoFileName.nc] # URL = https:// # Reference = Author, A. (YEAR) # DOI = <doi:reference-id, not the url> # CheckSum = <HASH:sha1|sha224|sha256|sha384|sha512|md5> # CheckSumType = [SHA|MD5| ] # Comment = Some additional notes or comments on the data set # [coordinates.nc] URL = https://data.myserver.org/ORCA025/coordinates__3.6.0_ORCA025_v1.0.1.nc Reference = DOI = 10.5281/zenodo.3767939 CheckSum = 288b021a8595efeee8de7c4fb665d3037bd356a72ca13e591bb81acc5c3ceeb5 CheckSumType = sha Comment = [data_1m_salinity_nomask.nc] URL = https://zenodo.org/record/3767939/files/ORCA2_ICE_v4.2.tar?download=1 Reference = DOI = 10.5281/zenodo.3767939 CheckSum = b3f60e3507bbea3466834a363f366b45ef8aec19495ae0975ea3dcbbbfc70aa2 CheckSumType = sha Comment =